Monday, November 5, 2012

Enlightened

It's that time again...


Whoever came up with daylight savings didn't have young children.  In the Fall, while everyone else gets an extra hour of sleep, we parents simply have to wake up an hour earlier, because that's when our kids wake up.  Now all our sleeping and eating schedules are off.  Great idea...


Anyway, I won't bother complaining. It's not going to change anything. I'll just look for the bright side, such as... now my baby actually takes a nap before Church, and we'll have a little bit longer before we have to walk to school in the total dark.



I've also decided that when something initially angers you, it's better to find out more about it before passing judgement, then if it still makes you angry, you are justified.  (Okay, not really, anger is never a good thing.) Anyway, here's some interesting facts about Daylight savings time to help you all become more enlightened.

Daylight Savings Time Anecdotes.

Daylight Savings Time Explained by C.G.P. Grey:




1 comment:

Sandi said...

I still despise it. The video didn't mention this, but many more car accidents happen when the clocks change because people are tire. For myself, I think screwing up kids' sleep routines is reason enough to discard it!