Saturday, January 28, 2012

Music

My taste in music is hard to explain.  It usually depends on what mood I'm in actually.  I've got pretty eclectic tastes, but not when you compare it to my husband's.  I can speak in generalities, such as, I don't like rap (if you can even consider that music), heavy metal makes me feel sick, hard rock isn't really my thing, and I'm not really into the twangy kind of country music that uses that one instrument that's like a  slidey horizontal guitar (I know, so technical).  I guess I'm not as eclectic as I thought.  I like classical music (actually I'm more of a Romantic period type), and I'm afraid to admit that I like a lot of oldies, including 80's music, and even new age (like Enya) --but only when I'm really in the mood for it, and while we're confessing things ...I have a disney heroin / broadway favorites sing-along mix I made for when I feel like belting it out in the car ...on my own ...with the windows up.

I'm sure you wanted to know that, but don't you agree that different music is good for different things?  Like U2 is good for car trips through the desert in the Summer, and Enya is good for ...soaking in the tub on a rainy day (okay, so I just made that up), and Jack Johnson is great for home video montages.  But I digress.

Still, most of my listening habits consist of acoustic stuff, folk, indie rock, blue grass, etc... and I'm pretty non-committal when it comes to naming groups because it's not very often that I like all their music.  I'm also bad at paying attention to and remembering what is what.  There are so many great songs and groups I couldn't possibly mention them all here (the more I think about it, the more I realize this would be a very long post if I did), and still there's plenty that I haven't even discovered yet!

Okay, so basically, if you want to know what kind of music I like, you'd have to let me listen to something and ask me if I like it.  Of course, it might all depend on what mood I'm in.  Picky?  Yes.  However, if you don't ask me, I probably won't notice or care anyway, and that's a good thing.  Very rarely do I ask my husband to turn off something, so if I don't say something, generally speaking, I like it.  Confused yet?  Never mind.

So why am I rambling on about this?  Well it's really all because I wanted to share a new group I just discovered with you. I am always mesmerized by their videos, in fact, I think that's their thing --a new medium called VideoSongs, and I highly recommend them. They make me smile. The only problem with this group is that their songs get stuck in your head really easily.

Favorites are:

Little Things,
Makin' Out,
Another Day,
Mr. Sandman,
Bust Your Kneecaps,
If You Think You Need Some Lovin',





I also realize that I'm not usually a big fan of female vocals, but this girl is an exception.

No comments: