Monday, July 2, 2012

DIY PVC Pipe Play Sprinkler

This is another Pinterest find, although I didn't have instructions, just a picture to go by.  I've also seen even more elaborate constructions, but I was going for thrift and storability.  It cost me about 9 bucks at Ace Hardware.  It took 2 10-foot sections of 3/4" PVC pipe, two T shaped connectors, two elbows, 3 end caps, and one hose connector.  I made it 5 feet tall, 4 feet across, and each base is 3 feet across with two sections of 1 1/2 feet of pipe on either side of the T connectors. 


I used a very small bit to drill holes so we wouldn't lose pressure too easily.



It came in handy after the kids had already left the hose on earlier and I found them doing this:


I like the versatility of it too.  I think it would be fun some kind of plastic underneath like a slip'n'slide, plus it would save your grass.  We had to keep moving it around, since our yard doesn't drain very well, and our grass is doing pretty poorly.

Water Slide
It worked even better on the pavement.

"Car" Wash

You can even twist the top bar so the spray doesn't go straight down, but rather in a nice arc.


Happy kids = Success!



1 comment:

Sandi said...

Very very fun! We went to the splash park in Nampa for the first time, and both my kids liked playing in puddles but DID NOT want water falling on them from above. What a couple of sticks in the mud!