So if you haven't noticed, my blog has been rather sparse for quite a while. I have many excuses I suppose, but I won't bore you with them now; after all, what's the use?
As for trying to catch up, I doubt that's going to get this post posted, because of course there's too much to cover...(we've been over this before) but the real reason is that I haven't been very good at picture taking lately, or even of doing anything noteworthy at all. We've been pretty boring around here.
To be honest, if I were to catalog what we've been up to for the last two months, I'd have to say it was about 25% sleeping, 15% eating unhealthy foods, 10% being sick and visiting doctors (seriously, one broken arm, three cases of strep, one case hand foot and mouth, one tonsillectomy, and one case of rotovirus, plus all the follow up visits as well as my many OB appointments, I think I averaged 2-3 visits to the Dr. per week over the last two months), let's see where were we? ... oh yes, 5% holiday stuff, and 45% TV and Video/Computer games. You don't need pictures of that. Just imagine all of us as zombies, and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it's been like. Just imagine me as a really big pregnant zombie. If I get around to downloading them, I may post a picture or two that I let my husband take one rare day when I was actually dressed and not in my bathrobe, but no promises.
As far as this baby goes, we're counting down the days. Actually, I was hoping to be induced a few days ago on the 6th, just a week before the due date, but this baby won't be pushed around. The other times I was induced, it was for medical reasons --hypertension, and a kidney stone, but this time was going to be purely for convenience --my husband has until next week off and I'd like him to be around to help. So far, the powers that be don't think that's a good enough reason so my body has remained un-induceable with a floating baby and a not-even-close-to-effaced cervix, but maybe that's a little TMI.
Either way, this baby is coming on his own terms, not mine. It's probably foreshadowing his stubborn personality, but I'll try not to cast aspersions this early in our relationship.
In reality, I'm just a big complainer. I really do believe that things will all turn out for the best. In fact, I've already had one confirmation this week that my plans were not what God had in mind for me (a post for another day), so I'll just trust Him to keep ignoring my petty wants and impatient pleas and let Him do His thing. It always turns out better that way.


3 comments:
Come out, baby!
End-of-pregnancy time. So hard to stay cool about every little baby-related thing, even though you KNOW the inevitable with happen, and that having a baby around, while sweet, isn't exactly a vacation from being pregnant. Still, the end. It gets to you.
Hmm, I see this post is 4 days old now. Could it be he came by now? I'm excited to hear about it!
I've been thinking about you this weekend. I hope baby is here and healthy and that you are all doing well! Obviously, I haven't been very good about calling to schedule a playdate. (We had our share of poor health issues the past two months as well.) But I think of you every time I pass Wilson Ponds and see the cattails. :) When you are recovered and ready to get out, give me a call! I can't wait to meet your little guy. :)
Post a Comment