(I'm having layout issues so I'll just type the words down here.)
Last week we went to a pumpkin patch with some friends. It was more than just pumpkins of course. They are actually known for their huge corn maze but we didn't do that. (Honestly, who in their right mind would pay to wander through a corn field with kids in the cold for who knows how many hours?)
I was surprised at all the other stuff they had to do there though, like a hay bale maze, and hay bales stacked up high with a very bumpy "slide," and we went on a hay ride as well to see the pumpkins. The kids favorite activity was probably the corn box though. Like a sand box, just less ...sandy. We still ended up taking some home in pockets and diapers, but I can deal with corn. The baby loved it ...in more ways than one, and so did the kids. There was a tractor to climb on, tires to scale and crawl through, old fashioned water pumps to try, and thanks to my generous friend who gave us tokens, they also got to go on the barrel train thing. It was a kids paradise! They were having so much fun they didn't want to leave. I ran out of time since I had a prior dinner engagement, and so I left my husband and kids there to enjoy fresh dipped corndogs (which was probably tastier than what I had for dinner). All around, it was some good ol' fashioned fun, and despite the chilly weather, we had a blast.
2 comments:
I like the pictures of the far-off rain and the close-up corn kernals. I really like the one of your boys looking through all the tires! Thanks for going with us! Oh, I didn't get the pictures you sent me.
I think this is my favorite post so far! Maybe I'm just biased because I love Fall. :) I really like the title, too, and the boys are wearing very fitting colors. Great shots through the tires. Very well done :) And of course you gotta love any pic of Logan being the hoover vacuum cleaner baby. Ha ha ha :)
Post a Comment