I hate to rush him, but at the same time I'm measuring big, the first ultrasound put my due date around this time --even though calendarwise it worked out to be two weeks later (they say that the first ultrasound is more accurate than the traditional 'first day of your last period' thing though), and I really feel like he wants out. He is such a strong little thing.
Is it selfish of me to want the pain to go away and to have three weeks instead of two before we move? I actually feel okay about my decision, I just wish I could get a little more prepared but the pain prevents it. Oh well, I guess my shower doesn't absolutely have to be scrubbed before this baby comes does it? All week I've hardly been able to walk.
One tender mercy though was that I was able to go shopping this morning to make sure there was food in my house so that my family wouldn't starve, and I even felt good enough to cut everyone's hair --which won't happen again for a long time. I also managed to get all the laundry done yesterday. Maybe the baby was going to come tomorrow anyway, and this is the fabled burst of energy before you go into labor people talk about. Or... it could be that Vicadin works better than Percocet for me. Either way, I feel a little better about things, and I'm way more calm knowing that I'm not going to have to worry about all those scenarios I talked about in an earlier post. I know where my husband will be, and I have people set up to come take care of the kids and such for the next couple of days. Yay! And did I mention that I'll get the stone and the stent out and have one more week to recover before we move?
Maybe it's a little silly, but I actually wanted the baby to come in August, simply because there are so many July birthdays in the family, and no August birthdays on my side of the family at all. Oh well.
I do feel that this is the right decision for us at this time, and although having a baby isn't easy (and I don't just mean the labor part --I actually despise the first few weeks of sleeplessness and being sore and engorged and such) I have faith that everything will work out fine.
I am excited to meet little whatever-his-name-is (gee, we better start really thinking about that) and to hold him in my arms; to recognize his movements that I've felt inside for the past few months (which were very spastic), and to see his spirit struggle in a much smaller body than it was made for as he realizes that he had no idea what he was getting in to when he decided to enter mortality.
No wonder they cry, and yet, there's such a feeling of hope, and endless possibilities, and determination to succeed that emanates from them.
I also anticipate the pure helplessness of his state, and the absolute dependency he will have on me, accompanied by the realization of the significance of the responsibility and trust that has been given me. Still, I can't wait to feel his warm fuzzy head on my chest, and see that celestial little glow in his eyes, like he wants to tell me something he can't about heaven, and help me feel and understand the love our Heavenly Father has for us.
Babies are such miracles, and though childbirth is one of the most natural, basic, animal experiences, it is also very transcendent and holy.
Yeah, I'm ready for this.
Wish me luck, and thank you for all your sweet prayers on our behalf.
![]() |
| Doesn't get much bigger than this! Yeah, can't wait to post cute baby pictures instead of miserable preggo pictures. |

No comments:
Post a Comment