Finally, the reason we came.
| Nine decades separate this little guy and his great grandparents. I'm glad they got to meet. |
It's been 15 years since I was last here.
My grandparent's house hasn't changed that much since I was little. These bottles bring back memories from the few times we visited when I was young.
It's like stepping back in time.
![]() |
| Even though I've never met them, their features are familiar to me. |
I remember the backyard being like the Garden of Eden. My absolute favorite memories are the fruit trees. Tangerines, Lemons, Oranges... picked ripe from the tree --there's nothing like it. Store-bought will never be good enough. And now there's some newer additions --Cumquats, and Loquats. I don't think I'd ever had them before. Yum!
| I can't help but feel that he is completely missing the point here. |
And what memories will my boys take with them? Probably the fun they had with my grandma's doll collection.
...or perhaps the smell of orange blossoms. Mmmm.
So many cool things to look at.
Afterwards we went to lunch at a local fish and chips place. It was really tasty.
My mom had fun with the boys,
...while my dad regaled us with fish stories.
My beautiful Aunt, whom I hadn't seen in ages (like since I was 9), met us there, and was so kind to hold the baby while we ate. I think he spent the whole time trying to grab her earrings.
We went back, picked fruit, took a few more pictures...
| You'd think we could get a better picture than this. |
| Nope. They were all varying degrees of this... |
| ...or this. |
And that was that. We said our goodbyes and we were on our way home.
It was such a short visit. My one regret is that I didn't get enough time to visit with them.
I'm glad we came.
(Click here for Part 4)













No comments:
Post a Comment