Friday, April 5, 2013

Just Hangin' Out

(This was February, now it's April. My first line pretty much sums it up.)

I haven't felt like blogging lately.  Perhaps I will get back into the swing of things as the weather gets warmer.



Poor kid. I know how he feels, I wish I could go climb trees too.


He's a quick study though, and is full of his own shenanigans.  This is his new favorite place.  It's great motivation for me to clear the table anyway.

He's apparently developed a taste for granola bars.


as well as ketchup


And washable markers for that matter.  Good thing they're non-toxic.


Valentines day we made heart-shaped personal pizzas.



A few days later we celebrated our 7 year anniversary. 7 years!


However, recently, the wind blew over a mirror I had set out for a DI drive pick-up.


7 years bad luck.  Hopefully it's retroactive, and the future will be bliss. (I'm not really superstitious). My wonderful husband picked up the pieces. 

The snow left, 

and came back


and left,



and came back again.

Notice my husband's solution to gloves being pulled off --duct tape.
We try to make the most of it no matter the weather, but some days that's easier said than done.


It's so nice to know that even when I don't feel like being adventurous, my efforts in the past have not been in vain. The kids planned and packed and executed this lovely spring picnic all on their own!  (notice the snow in the background of the above picture, but they were determined not to waste a sunny day.)


Success!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I didn't realize this was your 7 year. Ours too!

When Vander eats markers it drives me nuts! But yes, at least they are non-toxic!