Spring is officially here though. The work we put in last Fall to plant some bulbs has come to full fruition and I have had a happy little garden of daffodils to greet me this spring. They're so cheery, it makes me happy to look at them!
Although we missed most of the month, we did however record the end of it. We had a great Spring Break and Easter at home with my parents. I don't know if they considered it much of a break though since we put them to work on a few major projects while they were here.
You might have noticed that I'm not much of a seamstress, I don't even own a machine, however our trampoline badly needed some new pads. My mom brought some material they had lying around and some heavy duty nylon thread, plus my friend let me borrow her sewing machine. So while my mom was here we made new pads together! Okay, so my mom did almost all of the sewing because every time I sat down at the machine it had a conniption and the bobbin knotted up and we had to un-pick it all (I don't own a sewing machine, so I obviously don't have a seam ripper and it was very irritating, so it was better for us both if she did most of the sewing). They actually turned out great and I'm so pleased. Now the baby can jump on it safely without fear of his leg going through the springs.
Before
After
After
We definitely capitalized on their visit, I hope they don't feel too used. I made sure to take care of them well though, feeding them good food and taking them to some of our favorite places.
They were here for our Easter Bunny Saturday celebrations (we celebrate the true meaning of Easter on Sunday and try not to mix the two). Since it was good weather, the Easter bunny decided to be tricky and hide the baskets outside. The kids had fun finding them.
Bubble swords were a big hit.
We went for a walk by the fishing ponds and lo and behold they were having a free fishing event. They gave us rods and bait and the place had been recently stocked. Well, that still didn't mean we had any luck (we've talked about how it's called fishing, not catching for a reason right?). I didn't mind that much since it was such a beautiful day.
We also had a picnic later at a park near the lake. We ate in peril of the fuzzy worm things falling from the trees and into our dinner every time the wind blew. Quite the adventure. At least the kids had fun climbing the trees.
It was a good weekend. (...Until I had to sing a solo in church as part of our Easter program, but that's for another post.)




2 comments:
Very nice way to do Easter weekend!
I don't own a sewing machine either. It's rather embarrassing since my mom is a seamstress/quilter extraordinaire. Good job on the pads!
Those pads turned out really nice! I can't wait to enjoy the fruits of your labors, ha ha!
Post a Comment