Friday, June 8, 2012

Naturally...

I love being surrounded by nature.


It invigorates me, fills me with hope, inspires and awes, and I am often overcome with gratitude to my Creator.



This is what I want for my kids --to be constantly filled with wonder. To learn to respect and appreciate the world around them. 



I want them to recognize God's love for them and see His power and majesty. It's in the details.


However, I also have to remember as they explore this world around them, that boys will be boys --and even if I tell them not to (especially if I tell them not to), they're going to touch it.


Ick. What can I do?


The baby appreciates nature in his own way (don't worry I washed it first).  This is why he's usually a  just a spectator.


For now anyways.


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ack! What is that? A dead ... something? Ew. But I liked the other pretty pictures. :)

Laura said...

Yeah, sorry. I think they're voles. Even after multiple warnings, I found the kids swinging them around by their tails. Ack! We washed hands for 10 minutes straight. The only way to keep the kids away was to dispose of them (--the voles. not the kids).
Maybe I should change this post so there's only pretty pictures, but I guess you have to accept the fact that not all of nature is pretty, and you have to take the good with the bad. I guess that's the point I was getting at.

Sandi said...

Hahaha, great pictures.