Friday, June 15, 2012

Old and New

My sister when she was very young, sitting on the lap of our grandmother, made the observation, 

"You are old and I am new."



My husband's grandmother just celebrated her 90th birthday. My youngest was pretty interested in her, and she was rather smitten too, but honestly, who wouldn't be?

Look at those doting grandparents.
My In-laws came for a quick lunch as they took a friend from England for a ride through the nearby Grand Teton National Park.  I'm glad we got to visit.


Sorry, I didn't get a very good picture of our friend.  She's a delightful person.  My oldest was fascinated and afterward agreed that she talked like Kipper.  Hope she doesn't mind. :)


We had a lovely visit, and as they were leaving my boys practically begged them to take them with them.

I try not to take it personally.  In fact, I don't blame them.  I'm so glad my kids get to live somewhat close to their grandparents and have them be a part of their lives.  What a blessing.

I think we should get the "old" and "new" together more often.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

How sweet to see your youngest with his great-grandma!