Friday, May 25, 2012

A Day Just For Me?

Not really.  But a day where I am reminded of my new identity that started almost five years ago.  It's an identity I cherish.

This Mother's Day I had the opportunity to realize how motherhood has made me a better person in many ways

I have become...

More grateful for the little things --like sleep, as I was allowed to sleep in mother's day morning.

Less concerned about appearances --as we were late for church after enjoying the delicious pancake breakfast my husband made.

More frugal and resourceful --as I wore a "new" shirt which, like most of my clothes, I found at the thrift store, and later made a  dinner out of the few ingredients we had in the house since we went on a date and I didn't get around to shopping the night before.

Less selfish --as I allowed my children to eat the chocolate gift I had been given.

More loving as they teach me by example how to communicate love.  Their hugs, their kisses, their sweet words as they tell me, "I wuv you so much."  It melts my heart even on the hardest days --

...because of course, there are hard days.  And those have given me opportunities for improvement in areas I thought I was doing pretty good in, like patience, ,and anger management,

Most of all though, I realize how much my heart has expanded to include all these little hearts; their cares, their fears, their dreams  --all of which have become as important to me as my own, if not more so.



My heart is full.

No comments: