Friday, May 25, 2012

Move #13

Moving, in a nutshell:  

Compression...


And in our case, Compression again, as we tightly packed not only the truck but a storage unit as well...


Decompression...



(Sorry for the crappy pictures, we left the camera at my sister's with the kids.)

And finally, Compression.



My husband didn't bother mentioning the flour handprint on my behind before snapping this pic.
Thanks a lot.

Leaving half our stuff behind each Summer makes us realize how much stuff we could really do without.

Yes, our employers house us in a one bedroom apartment... all five of us... but hey, it's free, so I'm not complaining.

(On top of the unused bunk beds that come with the place is our only space for storage.  In case you were wondering what's up there. You may recognize the set up from last year, although this time the whole place is reversed.)


The boys are cozy in their "cave," and we sleep on a futon in the living room.  At least I'm not in my third trimester this time around.

It's not perfect, but it's liveable. At least for 3 months out of the year anyway.

Is it worth it?

Well, we get to swap this...

(Ignore the rainbow, and imagine barking dogs at 2 in the morning.
This is the only picture I have from our old balcony.)

...for this.

You be the judge.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

That's a pretty nice looking apartment, even if it is small. I love how your annoying barking dogs picture has a lovely rainbow, lol!