I cut my own kids hair, although not as often as I should. This time it got amazingly long, so we decided to to before and after pictures.
Here's the "before"... but, as usual, I forgot to take the "after." You might be able to see the difference in another post.
This time it was the baby's first hair cut. I'd never had to cut the hair of any of my kids at such a young age (9 mos), and I was unsure of how to go about it.
We decided the best way to keep his head stationary was to hold a sucker in one place let him suck on it. I don't generally give my babies sugar, but this was the exception. He loved it.
He would look back every once in a while to see how things were going, but after deciding everything was fine, it was back to focusing on the sucker. It worked like a charm. I just had to be careful not to let the hair fall in the sticky mess.
I wonder how they do it at real barber shops.
Anyone else have a way that works for them?

1 comment:
That is a brilliant idea! I have used a sucker for Annalee before, but that immobilized sucker idea is perfect for a younger child. And Vander needs a haircut soon!
Post a Comment