We're moving.
| This picture was taken exactly a year ago today. |
Nine days from now, we'll be on the road.
This will be move number 13 in our 6 years of marriage, and you'd think we'd be professionals at it, but no, we're a mess.
For those of you who don't know already, I'll answer the questions I can tell you're just dying to ask...
Q. Why do you move so much?
A. Well, since we've been married, my husband has pretty much been a student, and although he's been able to work on campus while going to school, during the Summer there's hardly any jobs that would support a family of five; so we have a "summer job" in WY that we go back to because it's just that good. Okay, actually because they pay well (like 1/2 our yearly income in 3 months), they provide free housing (although cozy at best), and the bosses are awesome and totally love my husband and are extremely flexible. It's also an amazingly beautiful place. So why not?
Okay, go ahead and ask it. I know it's coming...
Q. What do you do there?
A. It's for the government. Top secret. Okay, just kidding --except for the government part. As much as I'd like to say that we do something cool like river guide, or rock climb, or chase grizzlies, we actually just spray weeds for the county. I could say that my husband does pest control, but it's so much more! We are helping the environment stay pristine and beautiful, eradicating invasive and non-native species of noxious weeds that are threatening to damage the natural balance of the ecosystem, hurting animals and people alike!! Yeah, pretty much saving the world. I say we because I worked there for a summer too right after we were married, before kids, and I still help identify the really noxious ones while I'm out and about, for a bounty of sorts. The really noxious and invasive ones are worth money, from $25 to $200 --but only for employees so don't go getting any ideas. So yeah, that adds to the main rea$on we keep going back, the rest are just perks.
I don't mind the moving so much... okay so it's getting old, and to be honest, I'm a little sad to go because we've made so many friends this time around. (I guess being served --like when we first moved here and I was in the hospital, and serving other people will do that to a person. What a blessing our Church has been --not to mention family that lives nearby.)
We will actually be back here again in the Fall, and maybe we can find a place to rent near friends or family.
Hopefully.
At least for a couple semesters anyway, until we move again...
Sheesh, I feel like such a transient.
Last question...
Q. How long will you keep this up?
A. I don't exactly know. I think we started saying "This is the last year we go to WY," like three years ago, so I'm afraid to answer that one. Maybe next year, or perhaps once we get into a PhD program we'll settle down, but no promises.
Anyway, feel free to ask any other questions. I'd be happy to answer. :)
We will actually be back here again in the Fall, and maybe we can find a place to rent near friends or family.
Hopefully.
At least for a couple semesters anyway, until we move again...
Sheesh, I feel like such a transient.
Last question...
Q. How long will you keep this up?
A. I don't exactly know. I think we started saying "This is the last year we go to WY," like three years ago, so I'm afraid to answer that one. Maybe next year, or perhaps once we get into a PhD program we'll settle down, but no promises.
Anyway, feel free to ask any other questions. I'd be happy to answer. :)

1 comment:
That's gotta be rough. You'll always have some friends here to come back to!
Post a Comment