This old bear has seen a lot of miles. He's been there from the beginning When Gramma Z gave it to him at his blessing.
![]() |
| ('09) |
I think I've re-sewn on every appendage, every seam, at least once.
We couldn't go anywhere without "White Bear" --who in the end wasn't so white-- nor could my three year old be expected to sleep without white bear by his side.
My kisses were never enough when there was an owie, a bad dream, or some injustice imposed by a big brother; only white bear could console him.
And even after an unfortunate experience in a hot dryer left him somewhat disfigured and less fuzzy, he was still loved.
Sadly though, seams stopped holding --despite my best efforts, stuffing was lost, and washes never seemed to get him white again. (Note: dollar store toys do not make for lasting lovies).
So when my three year old expressed a desire for another toy he saw in the store, I jumped at the opportunity to replace White Bear. (I know, so heartless of me.)
I explained to him that we would throw White Bear away, that he would sleep with his new toy from now on, and surprisingly, he readily agreed.
With an unceremonious farewell, White Bear entered "toy retirement."
I think it was harder for me in some ways.
| Meet "Hippo." (I know, so original, but he's three). |
I hope I'm not so easily replaced.


1 comment:
Hahaha! I understand about it being harder for you!
Post a Comment