Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fried Cheerios!

I don't know where my mother came up with this idea.  I have a suspicion it was to get rid of stale Cheerios, you know, the last cup or so in the bottom of the box...  Anyway, it's kind of a nostalgic thing for me, reminding me of watching sesame street in my pajamas and feeding them to our playmobil figures as donuts.  Every once in a while I just have this weird craving for them.


So this is one way of making this "heart-healthy" snack not so heart-healthy, but oh well.


Take a 1/2 T butter. Melt it in a small frying pan, then add about a cup of cheerios.  Sprinkle with a little salt, stir and cook until they are just turning a little brown and crispy. Take off heat and let cool and you've got a great snack that's just as yummy as popcorn!






Today we paired it with this great chocolate smoothie and it was delicious! (I admit, I didn't add as much cocoa, and I threw in some extra banana to make it go farther).  The kids loved it!








And yes, we made this today because the kids picked the "Make a special snack" activity stick.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It makes me happy to see these shirts on cutie Gabe.