Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Good Man is Hard to Find

I know, this is one of those cheesy things that mommy bloggers do, and I hate to be so stereotypical... but this is my blog and I can do what I like with it. So there.

Here's the top ten things I love about my husband (as a father, since, it's Father's day, otherwise I couldn't keep it to ten.  I know --so cheesy.  Ha!).



From First-Time Dad...

10- He climbs up the million stairs over and over again to take the boys down the water slide at the pool so I don't have to in my pregnant state.



9- He's not afraid to take the kids to the store all by himself.


8- He involves the kids in cooking better than I do, and gets the kids to clean up in ways that are fun for them.













7- He encourages me to go on Girl's Weekends ...and they all survive just fine without me!



















6- He changes diapers frequently --especially when I'm pregnant (and he doesn't ask how long the kid has been in it, even though I'm sure he suspects that I was just putting it off until he came home from work --which of course, I never do!--  ok almost never).





















5- He is so creative in his play with the kids.  He loves showing them new things, making them laugh, and isn't against being silly or getting sweaty and tired to keep them happy.





4- He wakes up in the morning with them and feeds them breakfast on weekends to let me get a little extra sleep.














3- He doesn't mind entertaining our kids (plus whatever other kids are around) so that at family and social gatherings I can have a chance to visit with other adults.







2- He gets up super early (like 4:00 and 5:00am) to work on his homework and other things so that he can play with the kids and spend time with me when he comes home in the evenings.











1- He helps me sing the kids to sleep each night.

...To First Rate Dad





Over just 4 short years, what a wonderful father you have become. I Love You!



3 comments:

Melissa said...

This seriously almost made me cry...and you know I am no crier. Way to use Words of Affirmation. It is so true! Richard you are a great Dad! Wonderful!

Jessica said...

Aw! So sweet! :) You are blessed. :)

Elisabeth said...

Heart! ME too Melissa! I wanted to cry too. I have to admit I'm jealous of your amazing husband. Good pick, Laura. Good pick and job Richard.
(From Betty)