Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pu Pu not Poo Poo

I know, it sounds terrible, and it's rather embarrassing to order, but it's so worth it!


For the longest time, I just thought it was just a joke particular to A Bug's Life --I totally didn't get the pun. Then when I saw it listed on the menu, I admit I was turned off by the name and didn't think twice about ordering such a thing.  But then, a while ago someone I was with ordered one and it looked awesome!


On our date tonight, my Husband and I shamelessly ordered the Pu Pu platter at one of the best (non-buffet) Chinese restaurants here in town.  It was delicious --and so cool, I'm sure everyone else there was jealous.  Here's a picture to give you an idea of what a Pu Pu platter actually is. (Sorry, for the quality, it was a little dim so it's taken from a video clip, and my camera batteries were running out.)


Oooooh, Fire!


I challenge everyone to try this amazingly romantic appetizer.






It's even more romantic with the right atmosphere.  This place was awesome.  Koi fish fountain and everything.




(My husband suggests calling this my Pu Pu Platter post, just because that's so fun to say over and over really fast --especially late at night. Try it!  It's almost as fun as the phrase my sister discovered --Snickerdoodle dough.)  


(Did I mention that it's funnier late at night?) 


(Btw, If you appreciate goofy stuff like that, check this out.)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Your sister sounds ridiculously awesome and witty with that "Snickerdoodle Dough" phrase. ;)

Laura said...

Ha Ha. You think you're so funny. :)