We painted them with acrylics, (which is not something I always have the courage or patience to tackle with a 2 year old and a 3 year old, but it worked out fine) and then brainstormed ideas of fun things to do on a rainy day, that wouldn't take too much time, money, or preparation, and wrote one on each stick.
| Good thing acrylics are washable! (If you catch it in time, that is.) |
They were a hit!
We ended up with 13 sticks, since my youngest decided that he needed to steal his brother's stick and paint three yellow ones, (not to mention that was about the time they decided to start painting each other...) and pictured here are just a few of the ideas we came up with. I, of course, included a few "helpful" ones to disguise cleaning as fun (hehe, I'm so sneaky).
If you want the full list of activities we came up with just let me know, and if you have any ideas to put on future sticks please share!
Of course, while we were in the middle of painting the sticks, my three year old complained once again that he was bored --to which I thought, "How can you be bored! We're in the middle of doing something totally fun, all together, and you say you're bored?" On the verge of being impatient with him, I had another thought hit me and I asked him, "Do you even know what 'bored' means?" He answered so innocently, "No. What does it mean?"
Oh well. Now he knows, and now we have the perfect remedy if he's ever actually bored.
1 comment:
Love this idea. Will you send me your list? When my kids say they're bored, I typically respond with something like, "Great! I was just thinking that I needed someone to scrub the baseboards for me!" They get un-bored pretty quick.
Post a Comment